TEST PLATFORM FOR RESEARCH IN COLLABORATIVE AND APPLIED ENVIRONMENTAL MECHANICS
From the prevention of natural hazards to the foundation of complex structures, including underground structures, dikes, dams and port structures, a good knowledge of the soil, subsurface and materials is essential for controlling risks as well as the preservation of the environment and resources.
The objective of the PERMECA platform, managed by ANTEA group, is to propose experimental laboratory tools for applying static and dynamic thermo-hydro-mechanical stresses on samples of natural soils and materials derived from the recycling of industrial by-products.
The research actions undertaken aim at developing laboratory tests and associated services on the following topics:
- Soil behavior under cyclic-dynamic stress. Behavior of underground soils and unstable rocky slopes
- From circular economy and second life of materials, how to invent a second life to (geo) materials while ensuring environmental safety
- Energy optimization of the sustainable city
- From the evaluation of hydrocarbon-type pollutant transfers in the non-saturated zone (ZNS)
M² OF LABORATORIES
4 ENGINEERS – 5 TECHNICIANS – 3 DOCTORAL – 1 MANAGER
2 NATIONAL – 1 EUROPEAN
The PERMECA platform has means of study for:
- Deformation of soils and infrastructures: dynamic test devices (dynamic triaxal, resonant column)
- Energy optimization: geothermal pile simulation device with fluid circulation under different mechanical constraints and temperature cycle
- Second life of materials: development of new “large diameter” static and cyclic test devices (triaxal, oedometer, permeameter)
- Specific data management: Geomechanical testing and environment
The PERMECA platform makes it possible to apply, develop and validate test protocols:
- To better take into account the cyclic and dynamic demands in the dimensioning of large structures and the prediction of soil liquefaction phenomena
- To model and optimize the thermomechanical exchanges between energy geo structures at different scales of integration, building at the scale of the city
- To determine the hydromechanical and chemical resistance of recyclable materials in order to have the necessary approvals for their implementation
Multi-scale, multi-solicitation studies (mechanical static or dynamic, thermal freezing and heating), multi-matrices (soils, sediments, water, rocks, recycled materials, non-hazardous waste) and multi-methods are feasible as needed.
The PERMECA platform provides the expertise of a team of technicians and engineers able to solve specific problems and carry out projects. It is open to public bodies and / or private companies.
All the means of PERMECA can be mobilized within the framework of:
- Collaborative research projects (conception, realization, valorization) on regional, national or European funding
- Training / Demonstration Support
FEDRE (Fondations d’Eoliennes Durables et Repowering/Sustainable Wind Farms and REpowering)