DEVELOPMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SENSORS AND POLLUTANT REMOVAL PROCESSES IN WATERS
Pesticides, drug residues, household products, cosmetics, metals and many other micropollutants are released and found in aquatic environments and can have harmful consequences on human health and ecosystems (endocrine disruptors, carcinogens, …).
These mainly synthetic substances are partially or not degraded by sewage treatment plants.
They are found in lakes, rivers and groundwater – where a lot of our drinking water comes from.
- Design and manufacture of new sensors for the detection of micropollutants (medicinal residues, herbicides or heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, mercury, nickel …). An interest is given for pollutants particularly present in the waters in the Centre-Val de Loire Region.
- Development of innovative chemical monitoring and water purification processes for micropollutant removal. The platform is specialized in the study of activated carbon process couplings / advanced oxidation processes in order to make these substances harmless.
The goal of the platform is to offer operational sensors and economically viable solutions that can eventually be developed by industrialists.
LABORATORIES OF CNRS AND UNIVERSITY OF ORLÉANS
M² OF LABORATORY
RESEARCH ENGINEERS, ENGINEERING ASSISTANTS, PHD STUDENTS
7 REGIONAL, 2 PhD THESES
Instrumental means of the DECAP platform:
- Materials development and characterization: AFM, DRX, XPS, BET, Gas adsorption (N2, CO2), furnace …
- Sensor Development: Electrochemical and Electronic Equipment: Potentiostat, Quartz Microbalance, Wire-Bonding, 4-Point Conductivity Measurement, ISO 8 Clean Room …
- Formulation and printing: ink jet printer, automatic screen printer, blender, grinder, viscometer (Brookfield) …
- Treatment processes: Plasma Reactor, CA / O3 Semi-Pilot: Static and Dynamic
- Water analysis: UV-visible spectrometer, BOD5, COD, TOC, HPLC …
Services for the implementation of sensors and their validation in laboratory conditions, the analysis and depollution of waters as well as for the realization of studies:Multi-scale: from milliliter to several liters
- Multi-contaminants: metals, pharmaceutical residues, pesticides, PAHs …
- Aqueous multi-matrices: groundwater, river water, sewage treatment plants, industrial water
- Multi-methods: optical and electrochemical sensors, CHEMFET field effect transistors, advanced oxidation removal processes (ozonation, Fenton), plasma, electrochemical
The DECAP platform is available for:
- Studies in collaborative projects and services
- Development of new regional, national and european projects in collaboration with scientific laboratories and industrialists
- Taking into account constraints related to industrialization and applications in the natural environment
DEcap / PRIme platforms for activated carbon specific for metolachlor and derivatives
Electrochemical sensors with molecular fingerprint for monitoring pesticides in waters
Treatment of drug residues in aqueous media by non-thermal plasma
Supported by the DECAP platform
« DSA Technologies was able to rely on the know-how and expertise of the DECAP platform, particularly through a privileged partnership with the ICMN laboratory. Moreover, in addition to the skills provided, DSA Technologies also benefits from the state-of-the-art technical equipment necessary for the development of pre-industrial prototypes.»
DECAP platform Manager
Professor at the University of Orléans
02 38 25 53 56 / email@example.com
UMR7374, CNRS – Université d’Orléans
1b, rue de la Férollerie • 45071 Orléans Cedex • France
DECAP platform Co-manager
02 38 49 46 05 / firstname.lastname@example.org
UMR7344, CNRS – Université d’Orléans 14 rue d’Issoudun, BP6744 • 45067 Orléans Cedex 2 • France